Monitor Audio Radius 225 Slim On-Wall Speaker (pc)
- 100% brand new original products
- Official manufacturer’s warranty valid in India
- Price includes GST & Shipping
- Check for EMI & Pay on Delivery Options
Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Color: High Gloss Black / Satin White
Warranty: 1 Year
Monitor Audio Radius 225 Slim On-Wall Speaker
Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminium/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material.Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range. C-CAM tweeters and woofers share an audible consistency producing a smooth transition of frequencies and a sense of realism and cohesion in the soundstage.
Refined over many years by Monitor Audio, Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium is used as a driver cone material for all our speaker designs from the mid-market models up. Originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components, C-CAM’s properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency.C-CAM bass drivers are able to resist the bending distortion imposed by sudden and extreme bass excursions to reproduce very clean, deep and dynamic bass frequencies. Conventional cone materials are more likely to flex in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion
- 4" C-CAM bass driver - Radius features bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Comes complete with a dedicated wall bracket.
|Frequency Response||80 Hz — 35 kHz|
|Sensitivity (1W@1M)||87 dB|
|Nominal Impedance||6 ohms|
|Power Handling (RMS)||100 W|
|System Power Handling (RMS)||150 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements||40 — 150 W|
|Maximum SPL||107 dBa|
|Bass Alignment||Bass reflex - Front ported|
|Drive Unit Complement||2 x 4" (100 mm) C-CAM cone bass/mid driver
1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
|Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D)||140 x 610 x 67 mm (51/2 x 24 x 25/8")|
|Cabinet Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D))||140 x 610 x 77 mm (51/2 x 24 x 31/16")|
|Cabinet Dimensions (Including Grille and Bracket (H x W x D))||140 x 610 x 84 mm (51/2 x 24 x 35/16")|
|Pre-Construction Bracket||Dedicated bracket included|
|Weight||4.2 kg (9 lb 4 oz)|
|Sold As||Single Unit|
Question & Answer
Setting up your system is fairly simple. You can follow the instructions in the video below or navigate through the product manual available at the bottom of this page. If you still face issues, feel free to connect with our expert team on chat or call.